Your Path to Success in the Furash Piano Studio…
My goal is to have students reach their highest potential music literacy—the ability to read, understand and derive pleasure from their piano playing.
Each student’s program is tailored to individual needs and regularly reviewed and adjusted.
I accept students from all ages (from 7 years through adults), and all levels*.
An Integrated Approach…
- Repertoire and interpretation
- Technique – scales, arpeggios, cadences (with emphasis on the Taubman Approach)
- Sight reading/ear training/rhythm study
- Music history (four periods of piano composition 1600s to the present)
- Ensemble (including four-hand coaching)
Other opportunities available at my studio:
- Informal musicales
- Theory video program
- Sight reading, video and other libraries
- Competition and audition preparation
- Special summer programs for those summering on-Cape
My students perform regularly in recitals at:
- Symphony (pre-concert lobby events)
- Master classes
- Nursing Homes
- Senior Centers
- Cultural Center
- Studio Musicales
*I have worked with injured and technically limited musicians, helping them to achieve pain-free and facile playing with these principles.